Thursday, June 30, 2011

Movie List to watch in the future

On Monday, Pamela gave us a list of must see films. I am really keen to have a look at them all because I feel after having done this subject, it puts many things in to perspective for my design studies by placing contextual, historical and social relevance on things - both in fashion and film. I feel as if more stuff makes sense to me now, because I am more aware of where things came from in the past.

So anyway, here is the list. I will be busy watching films over the next month!!!!!!!!

1917 Films of Eisenstein
Man with a Movie Camera

1920s Sunrise

1930s Metropolis - first film to envisage the future. Blade Runner drew on this film.

1939 The Rules of the Game (more noir) - Clothes by Chanel

French New Wave Films

Italian Cinema of the 1950s and 1960s

La Dolca Vita

Darley - British Movie

1960s - The new Hollywood - films like Easy Rider

Japanese Cinema - Kirasawa works - Japanese versions of Macbeth and King Lear
Ozui

Chinese Cinema - Raise the red lantern

High art cinema - Look at Andy Warhol films. Lonesome cowboys - gay or queer sensibility - similar to brokeback mountain but Warhol was not mainstream

Hindi Films - Biggest film industry in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment